スキ--花

Simply a place, which is my online diary :)

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm back!

Oh dear. I'm back from Genting since 8 June but I've yet to update anything here.

Ok. The Genting trip with NVMD was a fun one!! But internal conflicts were all suddenly rising then. I really enjoy the moments when we, the seniors were spending the night's free time chatting with dear Ms Zu. Those were memorable moments...

The second day of trip, Tue 5 June was our competition. This was the best of all of New Harvest. Right after our dance ended I heard a loud and sharp cry of screaming/shouting of Ms Zu, who was at the back stage. I felt like laughing then, but I couldn't as I was still on the stage! LOL. She was so happy for us that she cried out her tears of joy. I almost cried too; tears were welling up in my eyes. I'm very touched by all of our efforts. If Azhar, our tribe leader, wasn't there for this competition, I didn't think it would be a perfect performance.
After cleaning up and bathing, we the seniors went down to Starbucks with Ms Zu and had a wonderful time with her, as we were chatting all along till 4am! It was so fun.

The next day we had a performance for the Friendship Concert and we performed the Rain Dance. Ms Zu and her husband said it was a great one, as compared to our SYF'07.
My family arrived in Genting at around 1pm+ and I went to stay with them at night.

The next morning, me and my family went to have our breakfast and then off for shopping. I tried on a few pieces of good-looking clothes but all were too big for me, so I had to give up(sob sob). Then at around 2.45pm, I recieved Jas' message saying that we were allowed to follow Ms Zu to the convention hall to recieve the competition's result. I'm like, "OH shit. WTH. I just ordered my food for lunch." I think quite a bunch of people went there. At about 3.45pm, I recieved Jas' call, "Ay, Celeste, we have a performance tonight. Come back as fast as possible."

What did this mean? It meant that we'd won in the competition! As winning teams would have to perform again at the Closing Ceremony concert. As fast as I could, I rushed back to the hotel. Everyone was already making up and so. I'd forgotten who told me about it, that we'd Gold With Honors!!!! I was like so shocked to hell. We'd got the highest points among all, a 92 out of 100 marks. I was delighted like hell man! But no time for it so I started to prepare for the night.

As mentioned earlier on that there were internal conflicts happening during the trip, everyone's mood were almost greatly affected by it. Our team wasn't bonded well and our moral was very low. But to add on, we were having makeups on and performance for the past 2 days, and so everyone was already feeling tired on that day. And yes, the performance didn't end up well.

That was NVMD's last Harvest. The official end of Harvest. As Ms Zu had said, "Harvest had already reached the peak. There's not a point to perform anymore. By performing again the standard will go down." All of us agreed. But we just couldn't bear bid Harvest a goodbye...

Btw, I'd respected the flippers. They only joined MD for a few months due to SYF'07. But they were able to understand what Ms Zu wanted and expected, and they really did cooperate very well. Thank you all, flippers!

Since the day I was back in Singapore, I really missed the moments chatting with all during the night...

Lastly, love you all guys from NVMD! Thanks for leaving me a great memory of this trip... A fun and nice one...

"This was a tiring... but FUN trip!" - Celeste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home